You might want to try some of these area restaurants during your visit to the Hummingbird Inn. We will be delighted to make a reservation for you.
Goshen (right around the corner)
- BG’s 2 540-997-5215 Good burgers, sandwiches and salads, daily special
Craigsville (8 miles)
Lexington (25 minutes)
- Sheridan Livery Inn 540-464-1887 continental cuisine, a nice lunch or dinner choice, patio dining
- Southern Inn 540-463-3612 contemporary American cuisine, nice setting, extensive wine list
- The Palms 540-463-7911 a college hang out, serves one of the best hamburgers in town, fun bar and good music
- Bistro on Main 540-464-4888 offers wonderful food with a continental ambiance
- Red Hen 540-464-4401 area’s first farm to table restaurant, reservations recommended
- Roca Bar Ristorante at the Robert E Lee Hotel 540-461-8484 contemporary Italian cuisine with a lovely rooftop terrace
- Macado’s 540-464-8200 modestly priced sandwiches and entrees
- Mano Taqueria 540-464-8226 quick service modern Latino taqueria
- Haywoods 540-463-2508 great piano bar with delicious down-to-earth dishes; across the street is Taps (also owned by The Georges) a fun meeting place with lighter fare
Warm Springs (20 minutes)
- The Waterwheel Restaurant at The Inn at Gristmill Square 540-839-2231 full service restaurant in a lovely, romantic setting. Classic American cuisine. The food is excellent and the service attentive. Full bar. Casual attire.
Hot Springs (30 minutes)
- The Homestead 540-839-5500 is a four-star resort. Jackets for the gentlemen at the Main Dining Room, resort casual at The Jefferson Bar & Grill.
Clifton Forge (35 minutes)
- Cafe Michel 540-862-4119 French and Continental cuisine by Michel from Lyon, France, trained under Paul Bocuse. International wine list, great value and excellent seafood dishes. Reservations recommended.
- The Cat and Owl Steak and Seafood House 540-862-0777 family owned since 1930
Staunton (35 minutes)
- The Depot Grill 540-885-7332 good burgers, steaks, salad bar. Full bar.
- Mill Street Grill 540-886-0656 good ribs and prime rib. Casual attire.
- Emilio‘s 540-885-0102 Italian food. Full bar. Reservations recommended.
- The Dining Room 540-213-0606 fine dining in downtown Staunton.
- Mrs. Rowe’s 540-886-1833 good, old-fashioned comfort foods. A little-known fact: Mrs. Rowe started her first restaurant right across Mill Creek from the Hummingbird back in the 50’s!
- Wright’s Drive-in 540-886-4641 is a classic 1950’s drive-in (not a re-creation) with carhop service. Good burgers, fries, onion rings, shakes.
- Zynodoa 540-885-7775 inspired Southern cuisine in Metropolitan setting.
- Edelweiss 540-337-1203 authentic German cuisine, beer and atmosphere.
- Aioli 540-886-1414 mediterranean cusine